After realizing that I haven't let my boyfriend try any of the last 3 things I've baked, I decided to make him his favorite dessert, peanut butter cookies! Now I tasted these cookies for the first time a couple of months ago. They were made for me, as part of scavenger hunt where one of the tasks was to out-bake me! I thought the cookies were really good and I took note of the recipe so I could remember to make them in the future.
So here I am today a few months later still really impressed with the cookies. The double delight peanut butter cookie recipie is found here. Or you can find it below.
Instead of using the pre-made refrigerated cookies as described by the recipe in the link, I decided to use the bag mixture peanut butter cookie mix and stir in some of the chopped peanuts, to make it even more homemade.
In the oven almost ready!
1 bag peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons veggie oil
|1/4||cup finely chopped peanuts|
|1/4||cup granulated sugar|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||cup creamy peanut butter|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
1. Prepare peanut butter cookie mix as stated on the bag, and mix half of the chopped peanuts into the mixture, and chill until ready to use.
2. Heat oven to 375°. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
3. In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 balls, about 1 inch each.
4. Take peanut butter cookie mix from fridge. Take about 1 inch balls and roll around peanut butter mixture, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
5. Roll each covered ball in peanut/sugar mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. With hands gently press down balls until aproximently 1/2in thick.
6. Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.